Great marketing can bring remarkable success to one’s business. Social media marketing is a dynamic modus operandi for trade of all classifications to attain contemplations and patrons.
Social media marketing is a mode of utilizing social platforms and networking websites to promote an organization’s product or service through paid and unpaid means.
In today’s world , it is rather important to provide the details and other essentials of the product through social media platforms than continuing with the ancient methods.
Nowadays, people interact with brands through networking sites. If one isn’t contacting straight to audience through social platforms for instance Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest then there is probability of missing out great opportunities.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is a form of digital or internet marketing that involves producing and sharing content and write-ups on various social media networks to achieve the goals of marketing and branding that are set prior to beginning the particular trade. There are various activities to be performed and in social media marketing for instance updating videos and images, posting text, writing and uploading content that attracts and engages
the audience, spreading brand awareness, driving traffic to the website.
Primarily, it is used by marketers for two important things:
• to make a powerful presence on social media platforms;
• promote their products and services.
Social Media Marketing: Strategy
The foremost thing to do before initiating a social media marketing business is to set goals and stay determined to fulfill the target. For completion of the above one has to adopt a well strategized plan.
Here are some questions to ask when defining your social media marketing goals:
1) What are you hoping to achieve through social media marketing?
2) Who is your target audience?
3) Where would your target audience hang out and how would they use social media?
4) What message do you want to send to your audience with social media marketing?
Cardinal Steps to meet the Marketing goals
• Great content planning and impactful content. Posting regularly and offering truly valuable information that and ideal customer will find helpful and interesting is of great significance. As discussed previously, building a social media marketing plan is essential. Content ideas that will interest the target audience is of great importance.
• Keeping an eye on the competitors. It is always advisable to track your competitors. If they are channeling good techniques and methods of marketing then you should adopt it but modification of it in a better way is a must.
• Creating unwavering brand position. To create a steady brand image is to solidify your trade. Business’s core identity, whether it\’s friendly, fun, or trustworthy, should stay consistent.
• Data analysis: Tracking data will help you find if your brand has come out with flying colors or not. Google Analytics is one of the best tools that could help to measure your unvanquished techniques.
• Promoting content on social media: Great blogs help you build more followers. Social media marketing is a perfect channel for sharing your best site and blog content with readers. Once you build a loyal following on social media, you\’ll be able to post all your new content and make sure your readers can find new stuff right away.
Social Media Platforms
• FACEBOOK: Regardless of the trade you are into, you’ve got to be present on Facebook. Businesses can use Facebook to share content, engage with customers, run ads or even use it as a platform to provide customer support.
• INSTAGRAM : If you sell physical products, then you should definitely try Shopping on Instagram. Its a powerful feature that many experts claim to be the future of social commerce.
• LINKEDIN: Being present on LinkedIn is mandatory as it offers a multitude of opportunities to grow your business.
• TWITTER: Twitter is the go-to social media platform for users to share their thoughts, reach out to brands and celebs, and consume news and snippets of information.
Brands primarily use Twitter for customer service because its a platform that
customers have come to use extensively for timely brand interactions.
Social media will help you build up loyalty of your current customers to the point that they will willingly, and for free, tell others about you. Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset
Understanding the fundamentals of social media inspires to delve deeper into the more intricate aspects of it.
With the right social media platforms and analytics one can reach the target audiences like never before.
Social media has brought the world closer.
By: Parvati Ranawat.